Effect of Covid-19 pandemic on internship training in Nigeria.
Muhammad DG1*, Adesina MA2
1Department of Physiotherapy, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi Nigeria.
2Slum and Rural Health Initiative Research Academy
*Correspondence: Daha Garba Muhammad; +234 706 680 5746; firstname.lastname@example.org
Download full article in pdf format
Cite this article: Muhammad DG, Adesina MA. Effect of Covid-19 pandemic on internship training in Nigeria. Yen Med J. 2021;3(2):83–84.
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control. Covid-19 Situation Report. Available from: ncdc.gov.ng. Published February 27, 2020. Accessed September 19, 2020.
- CNBC Africa. COVID-19: Nigeria extends lockdown by two weeks in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun states. Available from: https://www.cnbcafrica.com/2020/covid-19-nigeria-extends-lockdown-by-two-weeks-in-lagos-abuja-ogun-states/. Published April 14, 2020. Accessed September 19, 2020.
- Adebisi YA, Agboola P, Okereke M. COVID-19 Pandemic: Medical and Pharmacy Education in Nigeria. Int J Med Students. 2020;8(2):49-50.
- Abuhusian H, Chortimal SH, Hamid H, O’Neil SJ. Prepared for Internship? Ir Med J. 2009;102:82-4.
- Makinde AO. Medical training and the challenges of finding internship slots in Nigeria. Nigeria Health Watch. Available from: http://nigeriahealthwatch.com/medical-training-and-the-challenges-of-finding-internship-slots-in-nigeria/. Published August 23, 2016. Accessed September 19, 2020.
- Muhammad DG, Musa JS. Impact of the corona virus disease 2019 pandemic on physiotherapy services in Nigeria. [Published online ahead of print on January 22, 2021]. J Health Res. 2021. doi 10.1108/JHR-09-2020-0433.
- University of Benin Teaching hospital (UBTH). Training on infection prevention and control for newly employed interns in UBTH. Available from: https://ubth.org/training-on-infection-prevention-control-for-newly-employed-interns-in-ubth/. Accessed September 19, 2020.
- Youmbi VN. A Positive Attitude to Negate a False Positive Test Result: An Intern’s Experience with COVID-19. Int J Med Stud. 2020;8(1):165-166.