Letter to the editor: the demographic profile of the Nigeria early career doctors.
Onuwabuchi E1, Omololu A2, Grillo E2, Ekundayo O3, Adeniyi MA3, Ogunsuji OO4, Kpuduwei SPK5, Egbuchulem IK4, Oduyemi I4, Soneye O4, Igbokwe MC6, Kanmodi K7, Williams A4, Efuntoye O4, Selowo TT8, Sokomba A9, Olaopa O4, Fagbule F4, Adebayo O4*
1Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State, Nigeria.
2Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.
3Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria.
4University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
5Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
6Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
7Kebbi Medical Centre, Kebbi State, Nigeria.
8Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
9Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
*Correspondence: Dr. Oladimeji Adebayo; +234 803 374 4279; email@example.com
Download full article in pdf format
Early Career Doctors (ECDs) include medical and dental interns, medical and dental officers below the rank of principal medical officer or equivalent, and medical doctors or dentists who are in postgraduate specialist training.
Keywords: Career, Interns, Postgraduate, Registrar, Trainee, Demographic, Doctors, Dentist, Early career doctors, Demography, Nigeria.
Cite this article: Onuwabuchi E, Omololu A, Grillo E, Ekundayo O, Adeniyi MA, Ogunsuji OO, et al. Letter to the editor: the demographic profile of the Nigeria early career doctors. Yen Med J. 2020;2(1):1-4.
- Igbokwe M, Babalola I, Adebayo CHARTING Study: A Trainee Collaborative Research Study. Junior Doctors Network Newsletter. 2019;23 – 24.
- Olaopa O, Adebayo O, eds. We Are Early Career Doctors, We are NARD. Abuja, Nigeria: National Association of Resident Doctors of Nigeria; 2019.
- Adebayo O, Ogunsuji O, Olaopa O, Kpuduwei S, Efuntoye O, Fagbule OF, et Trainees Collaboratively Investigating Early Career Doctors’ Themes: A NARD Initiative in Nigeria. Nig J Med. 2019;28(1):93-97.
- Initiating Trainee Research Collaboration Network: A NARD Initiative in Nigeria. Abuja, Nigeria: National Association of Resident Doctors of Nigeria (NARD); 2019.
- Kanmodi K, Ekundayo O, Adebayo O, Efuntoye O, Ogunsuji O, Ibiyo M, et al. Challenges of residency training and early career doctors in Nigeria study (CHARTING STUDY): a protocol Nig J Med. 2019;28(2):198-205.
- Doctors’ titles: explained. British Medical Association. Available from: https://www.bma.org.uk/media/1937/bma-plg-doctors-titles-explained-2017.pdf. Accessed December 10, 2019.
- Markwell AL, Wainer Z. The health and wellbeing of junior doctors: insights from a national Med J Australia. 2009;191(8):441-444.
- What is a junior doctor? Full fact website. Available from: https://fullfact.org/health/what-junior-doctor/. Published October 10, 2017. Accessed December 10, 2019.
- Adebayo O, Iyanu A, Omololu A, Buowari DY, Egwu O, Isbor E, et White Coat Drain; A monograph on the migration of Nigerian Doctors. Abuja, Nigeria: National Association of Resident Doctors of Nigeria (NARD); 2019.
- Ogunsuji O, Adebayo O, Olaopa O, Efuntoye O, Agbogidi J, Kanmodi K, et al. Burnout among Nigerian Doctors: A Systematic Nig Med Pract. 2019;76(1-3):25-30.
- Adebayo O, Labiran A, Emerenini CF, Omoruyi L. Health Workforce for 2016–2030: Will Nigeria have J Innov Health Res. 2016;4(1):9-16.
- Adebayo O, Tobi A, Buowari DY, Ogunsuji O, Yussuf TM. Managing Conflicts at Workplace. In: Adebayo O, Olaopa O, eds. Guide for Early Career Doctors. Abuja, Nigeria: National Association of Resident Doctors of Nigeria (NARD); 2019.