Medical research: Practices and barriers
1Department of Child Dental Health, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku-Ozalla, Enugu State, Nigeria.
*Correspondence: Dr. Osadolor OO; +234 705 902 1875; firstname.lastname@example.org
Download full article in pdf format
Keywords: Barriers, Medical research, Practices, Research.
Yen Med J. 2020;2(4):1 – 2.
Cite this article: Osadolor OO. Medical research: Practices and barriers. Yen Med J. 2020;2(4):1 – 2.
- Kyaw Soe HH, Than NN, Lwin H, Nu Htay MN, Phyu KL, Abas AL. Knowledge, attitudes, and barriers toward research: The perspectives of undergraduate medical and dental students. J Edu Health Promot. 2018;7:23.
- Satav PJ, Wankhede UN. Knowledge, attitude, and practice of resident doctors about medical research in BJ medical college, Pune, Maharashtra. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2017;6:2969-2972.
- Ogundele SO, Kuyinu YA, Salisu MA, Odusanya OO. Knowledge of Research and Publication Ethics in a Nigerian Medical College. Ann Health Res. 2019;5(2):165-173.
- Jeje EA, Elebute OA, Mofikoya BO, Ogunjimi MA, Alabi TO, Ekekezie OO. Research experience of resident doctors who attended research methodology courses of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria. Niger Postgrad Med J. 2017;24:31-36.
- Sharma N, Pramila M, Krishnamurthy A, Umashankar GK, R, Ahuja N. Knowledge, attitude, and practices in research among postgraduate students in dental institutions in Bengaluru City, India. J Indian Assoc Public Health Dent. 2014;12:189-193.
- Aslam F, Qayuum MA, Mahmud H, Qasim R, Haque IU. Attitudes and practices of postgraduate medical trainees towards research – a snapshot from Faisalabad. J Pak Med Assoc. 2004;59:534.
- Gill S, Levin A, Djurdjev O. Obstacles to residents conducting research and predictors of publication. Acad med. 2001;76:477.
- Amin TT, Kaliyadan F, Qattan EA, Majed MH, Khanjaf HA, Mirza M. Knowledge, attitudes and barriers related to participation of medical students in research in three Arab Universities. Educ Med J. 2012;4:e43‑e56.
- Bonner A, Sando J. Examining the knowledge, attitude and use of research by nurses. J Nurs Manag. 2008;16:334‑343.
- Vodopivec I, Vujaklija A, Hrabak M, Lukić IK, Marusić A, Marusić M, et al. Knowledge about and attitude towards science of first year medical students. Croat Med J. 2002;43:58‑62.
- Park SJ, Liang MM, Sherwin TT, McGhee CN. Completing an intercalated research degree during medical undergraduate training: Barriers, benefits and postgraduate career profiles. N Z Med J. 2010; 123:24‑33.
- Al‑Shalawy FA, Haleem FA. A knowledge attitudes and perceived barriers towards scientific research among undergraduate health sciences students in the central province of Saudi Arabia. Educ Med J. 2015; 7:e16‑e21.
- Teh LC, Prema M, Choy MP, Letchuman GR. Attitudes, barriers and facilitators to the conduct of research in government hospitals: A cross‑sectional study among specialists in government hospitals, Northern states of Malaysia. Med J Malaysia. 2017; 72:26‑31.
- Yahui HC, Swaninathan N. Knowledge, attitudes, and barriers towards evidence‑based practice among physiotherapists in Malaysia. Hong Kong Physiother J. 2017; 37:10‑18.
- Rothberg MB. Overcoming the obstacles to research during residency: What does it take? JAMA. 2012;308(21):2191-2192.