The ban of commercial motorcycle riders: an effective strategy in reducing the rate of road traffic accidents in Nigeria
Daha Garba Muhammad1*
1Department of Physiotherapy, Abubakar Tafawa Belewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi, Nigeria.
*Correspondence: Daha Garba Muhammad; +234 706 680 5746; email@example.com
Download full article in pdf format
Keywords: Motorcycle, Accidents, Strategy, Emergency.
Yen Med J. 2020;2(4):5 – 6.
Cite this article: Muhammad DG. The ban of commercial motorcycle riders: an effective strategy in reducing the rate of road traffic accidents in Nigeria. Yen Med J. 2020;2(4):5 – 6.
- Omumu F, Tibi P, Chenube O. Commercial cyclists (okada riders) and alcohol related problems in Delta State, Nigeria. Covenant Inter J Psych. 2017;2(1):63-67
- Osinowo HO, Kunle-Olowu OA, Osinowo OA. Socio-economic impacts of the ban on commercial motorcycle taxis (Okada) in Port Harcourt metropolis, Rivers State. Niger Delta Afri J H & E. 2011; 8(2):1-11.
- National Centre for Statistics and Analysis. Motorcycles – Traffic safety fact sheet – 2007 Data (DOT-HS-810-990). Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; 2013.
- Akinpelu Y. Fact check: are Okadas responsible for over 10,000 accidents in Lagos. Premiumtimes. Available from: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/376896-fact-check-are-okadas-responsible-for-over-10000-accidents-in-lagos.html. Accessed August 3, 2020.
- Emiogun FE, Faduyile FA, Soyemi SS, Oyewole OO. Motorcycle accident mortality in Lagos Nigeria: impact of a traffic law. Afr J Trauma. 2016;5(2):43-47.
- Premium times. Okada ban has reduced motorcycle accidents in Lagos-surgeon. Premiumtimes. Available from: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/111334-okada-ban-has-reduced-motorcycle-accidents-in-lagos-surgeon.html. Accessed August 3, 2020.
- Badaru UM, Lawal IU, Adamu UM. Pattern of neurologic, orthopaedic and soft tissue injuries sustained in commercial motorcycle accidents in Kano metropolis. Arch Physiother Glob Res. 2017; 21(3):47-52.
- Nwadiaro HC, Ekwe K K, Akpayak IC, Shitta H. Motorcycle injury in North -Central Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2011;14(2):186-189.