Conservatism, cancer, conflict and Covid-19: Quadruple tragedy for women living in war-torn traditionalist societies
Kehinde Kazeem Kanmodi1,2,3,4*, Precious Ayomide Kanmodi3,4,5
1Department of Political Science, National Open University of Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria.
2Department of Community Health, Aminu Musa Habib College of Health Science and Technology, Yauri, Nigeria.
3Cephas Health Research Initiative Inc, Ibadan, Nigeria.
4Mental and Oral Health Development Organization Inc, Birnin Kebbi, Nigeria.
5Department of Statistics, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria.
*Correspondence: Dr. Kehinde Kazeem Kanmodi; +234 703 232 9156; email@example.com
Download full article in pdf format
Keywords: Conservatism, Cancer, Conflict, COVID-19, Women.
Yen Med J. 2020;2(4):3 – 4.
Cite this article: Kanmodi KK, Kanmodi PA. Conservatism, cancer, conflict and Covid-19: Quadruple tragedy for women living in war-torn traditionalist societies. Yen Med J. 2020;2(4):3 – 4.
- Women have real leadership, but our societies are often conservative. Available from: https://unowas.unmissions.org/%E2%80%9Cwomen-have-real-leadership-our-societies-are-often-conservative%E2%80%9D. Accessed May 28, 2020.
- Human Rights Watch. Saudi Arabia: 10 Reasons Why Women Flee. Available from: https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/01/30/saudi-arabia-10-reasons-why-women-flee. Accessed May 28, 2020.
- Aspinall G. Here are the countries where it’s still really difficult for women to vote. Grazia. Available from: https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/real-life/countries-where-women-can-t-vote/. Accessed May 28, 2020.
- Bray F, Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Siegel RL, Torre LA, Jemal A. Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries. CA Cancer J Clin. 2018;68(6):394-424. doi:10.3322/caac.21492.
- Skelton M, Alameddine R, Saifi O, et al. High-Cost Cancer Treatment Across Borders in Conflict Zones: Experience of Iraqi Patients in Lebanon. JCO Glob Oncol. 2020;6:59-66. doi: 10.1200/JGO.19.00281.
- Addressing the Needs of women affected by Armed Conflict. Available from: https://www.icrc.org/en/doc/assets/files/other/icrc_002_0840_women_guidance.pdf. Accessed May 14, 2020.
- Aura Vision. Global Covid-19 Lockdown Tracker: Visualise the current state of COVID-19 lockdowns around the globe as it unfolds Available from: https://auravision.ai/covid19-lockdown-tracker/. Accessed May 14, 2020.
- New Humanitarian. Syrian refugee women face new COVID-19 battleground. Available from: https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/news/2020/05/12/Syria-refugee-women-coronavirus-battleground. Published May 12, 2020. Accessed May 14, 2020.
- UN Women. Crisis update: Women of Syria, eight years into the crisis. Available from: https://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2018/8/feature-syria-humanitarian-update. Published August 13, 2018. Accessed May 14, 2020.
- New Humanitarian. Coronavirus and aid: What we’re watching, 21-27 May. Available from: https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/news/2020/05/21/coronavirus-humanitarian-aid-response. Published May 21, 2020. Accessed May 14, 2020.
- Syria country office COVID-19 humanitarian response flash update No. 2 | 9th – 22nd April 2020. Available from: https://reliefweb.int/report/syrian-arab-republic/syria-country-office-covid-19-humanitarian-response-flash-update-no-2. Published April 22, 2020. Accessed May 14, 2020.